Listen Live on  

News Talk 99.5 WRNO

The News and Talk of New Orleans

Man Killed After E-Cig Explodes

Man Killed After E-Cig Explodes
Posted Saturday, August 9th 2014 @ 4pm  by John Johnson, Newser Staff

(NEWSER) – The debate on whether e-cigarettes are a healthier alternative to regular smokes continues, but the "e" part clearly poses unique risks: A UK man was killed after his device misfired and ignited his oxygen equipment, reports the BBC. Fire officials say David Thomson, 62, was charging his e-cig in his bedroom when it "exploded, caught fire, and ignited the oxygen tube of an oxygen concentrator, which may have been in use by the occupier."

Read the full story on

PHOTO: Shutterstock

Recommended Stories

More from News Talk 99.5 WRNO