Listen Live on  

News Talk 99.5 WRNO

The News and Talk of New Orleans

House Fire Was Dog's Fault: Police

House Fire Was Dog's Fault: Police
Posted Monday, September 1st 2014 @ 8am  by Matt Cantor, Newser Staff

(NEWSER) – Too bad they don't teach fire safety in obedience school.

A fire in a New Jersey home this weekend appears to have started when a dog turned on the stove, police say, per the Asbury Park Press. But the canine may not be entirely to blame: It seems someone left a laptop on the stove in Lacey Township. That's what started burning when the dog made its mistake.

After the fire was reported, police turned up to find smoke coming from the roof. Firefighters put out the flames and saved the dog, who was unhurt, the AP notes; no one else was home.

Read the full story on

Recommended Stories

More from News Talk 99.5 WRNO